Application deadline: December 28, 2022
The United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program consists of a 4-week e-learning course implemented on the UNITAR e-learning platform. The course consists of 4 different modules, which can be studied at your own pace and require 4 to 6 hours of study per week.
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Module 4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion forums for exchanging views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. In addition, the Young Leaders Online Training Program will be complemented by several 1.5-hour live webinars. These will be delivered via the platform zoom by UN experts and will include the following topics:
- Webinar A – The United Nations System
- Webinar B – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Webinar C – Model United Nations (MUN) Training
- Webinar D – Career Development at the UN
In addition to the live webinars above, there will be a 3.5 hour online workshop per week. These will focus on leadership as well as learning about Geneva’s multilateral environment through virtual guided tours of the United Nations Palace as well as Geneva’s diplomatic quarter.
- The Young Leaders Training Program is open to all actors related to international affairs who wish to take on leadership roles in their respective environment and acquire knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva.
- Attendees can include college students, high school students, and other aspiring young leaders with similar backgrounds. Young professionals from the public and private sectors and young-at-heart senior civil servants are also welcome.
- To ensure the highest quality standards, registration will be closed after 30 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. At the end of the program, all participants will receive an official certificate of completion from UNITAR.
UNITAR will be responsible for the overall design, coordination and implementation of the Young Leaders Training Program. He will liaise regularly with the participants before the implementation of the activity in order to ensure a smooth and flawless organization for all involved.
Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of the basic hardware, software and connectivity necessary to participate in online training activities.
To register, please visit one of the following links. You will be asked to create your own profile on the UNITAR website and will then be guided through the process. Do not hesitate to contact the organizer in case of questions.
UNITAR warmly welcomes your participation in the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program and looks forward to welcoming you virtually to International Geneva this summer and winter next year!
Online program (three editions available):
Register for the Young Leaders Online Training Program – July Edition
Register for the Young Leaders Online Training Program – August edition
Register for the Young Leaders Online Training Program – Winter Edition
For more information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program