Gauteng Education’s confident online system is stable to manage applications – SABC News

0

The Gauteng Department of Education says it is confident its online application system is stable enough to handle application season.

From Friday, parents of future first and eighth graders will be able to register for the next school year.

MEC for Education Panyaza Lesufi hosted a pre-launch press conference outlining the changes to the system.

Lesufi says they have improved the technical capacity to handle the demand.

“We made a single application, we also upgraded our technical side to allow 40,000 people to work simultaneously. In addition, 120 applications can be made per hour.

Gauteng Education spokesman Steve Mabona warned parents against trying to access the system before it goes live.

“You know we improve the system every year, you will understand that last year we were doing two phases, we are getting rid of that. But in terms of improvements, the MEC will give it to us later. We would just like to remind parents not to start logging in now, in the system they have to wait until 8 am tomorrow. We know some will start at midnight rushing to get into the system, which won’t help because they won’t be able to get into the system. So tomorrow at 8 o’clock we will be live. “

Mabona says Lesufi will be in Mohllakeng on Friday to help parents with requests:

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.