CarriersEdge recently unveiled a series of online training courses for automated carrier operators. The new suite includes Auto-Hauler Cargo Inspection and Vehicle Inspections – Stinger Steer courses. A third course, dedicated to unloading goods, should be released this summer.
The Auto-Hauler Cargo Inspection course explains how to properly inspect vehicles, identify damage or defects on transported vehicles, and how to accurately report exceptions. After completing this course, drivers will be able to:
- Perform delivery inspections during and after office hours;
- Use multiple vantage points to spot vehicle damage;
- Recognize the difference between common defects such as scratches, nicks, dents and chips; and
- Record damage and defects, including steps for photographing issues and notifying customer or site supervisor.
Stinger Steers are unique vehicles with distinct parts that drivers should inspect regularly. The Vehicle Inspections-Stinger Steer course outlines what drivers should look for, specific to their vehicle, to ensure regulatory compliance and stay safe when transporting goods. Through this course, drivers will learn:
- Regulations for vehicle inspections;
- Details on the inspection of bridges, ramps and hydraulic components; and
- How to Complete a Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR in the US) .
Both auto transport courses incorporate a combination of 3D models and actual photography, giving drivers a complete picture of the vehicle and what to look for. Courses include inspection “hot spots” detailing how to inspect each area.